Friday, November 12, 2010

Bring On the Christmas Music, Just Hold the Twelve Days

While driving to an appointment, I decided to switch from the Christian radio station to one that is playing Christmas music 24 hours daily. I almost turned the dial back when I heard the first one--I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas. I wasn't anticipating such frivolity in the music, but, it fits the genre. And before my short trip ended, I heard the ever-present, always annoying Twelve Days of Christmas. It was a rather ornate version with many liberties taken to change the style. I wondered how many different artists have recorded the song and in how many different styles of music. Then I was horror-struck with the fear that maybe the station would play all of them back to back to back. Oh, Christmas Hurry Fast.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home