Sunday, October 24, 2010

Spell Check Is Like Forgiveness

I awoke early, on my own, like usual this morning. But something was not quite right. I struggled to determine what day was ahead of me. Thinking it was Tuesday, I dutifully turned off the alarm so that my husband could sleep longer. While turning out the lights in the bathroom, I somehow bumped my hand on the trinket box full of miniatures, knocking it to the floor. Hoping that didn't awaken my granddaughter, I bent to pick up the scattered array and hurt my back. And I was only two minutes into my day. I crept across the creaky floor so that my granddaughter, Toots, would not hear me. She is a joy to be with, but not at 5:30 a.m. when I'm having a bad start to my day. I reached the computer room successfully, turned on the coffee, and clicked on the computer to update myself on Facebook. I wasn't very far down the list of posts when I heard the alarm beeping. How could that be?? I rushed to the bedroom to find my husband turning it off. I lamented that I had turned it off already and didn't understand why it was blaring. He calmly explained that it was never set because today is Sunday. I didn't know if that was good news or bad news with the way my day was progressing in the first 15 minutes. I returned to the computer to begin reading and commenting only to find that my brain and my fingers did not want to work together to type the messages. I reread what I had written and wanted to scold my fingers for being so naughty. How could they betray me in such a way when I have relied on them to be faithful servants? Thankfully, before I posted, I used spell check to correct my numerous errors. Spell check was like asking God to forgive me, His servant, for my many mistakes, but it only worked when I asked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home