Thursday, October 28, 2010

How Much Pain Can I Endure?

Well, I went to be tortured again last night at physical therapy with the ASTYM method. Think of trying to remove stubborn wallpaper or to remove old paint and you will have an idea of what ASTYM is to the body. A different physical therapist worked on me. She was petite, so I'm thinking this won't be so bad. But let me tell you that woman knows how to use that plastic scraper to inflict pain! Since she had not scraped me before, I think she tried extra hard to dig deep to see if she could find the gritty stuff. After several swipes, she proclaimed that I was not as gritty as she thought I would be. That didn't stop her though. She continued to swipe that blade in all directions. If I let her know where something was a little more tender, she would swipe it more often and HARDER. I decided then not to tell her, but she found them anyway when I couldn't contain the pain. Finally, the session was over. I was relieved, until I realized I have to do it all over again on Saturday. Thankfully, she has the day off!!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home