Sunday, October 31, 2010

ASTYM Again!

I went for my third ASTYM, augmented soft tissue manipulation, on my hip and thigh Saturday morning. And it hurt again, enough to cry. I didn't cry. I toughed it out. I'm beginning to realize that when the therapist knows where it hurts the most, she targets that area more. So this last time, I didn't let her know. Didn't work. She found the gritty areas with the plastic device and worked it out anyway. Then she found the horrendous spot on the piriformis muscle. I literally thought I would come off the table and blast through the ceiling. I'm thankful I don't swear or the whole business would have gotten an earful. Once she found it, she continued to inflict pain, real pain, intense pain. I began to worry that it would cause me more pain with my sciatica in the coming days. When I could stand it no more, she was done. After she cleaned off the lotions, she applied tape to support the muscle until I return in three days for more torture. But it is working!! I am able to climb the stairs, get up from a chair, and walk with less pain. I am so hopeful that this procedure works and rids me of the pain I have endured for two years.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home