Saturday, December 16, 2006

Hustle and Bustle

Just returned from 7 hours of marathon Christmas shopping. Some of you may think this is late, but actually we've been later. As we shopped with the "millions" of other late shoppers, the term hustle and bustle took on new meaning. Just step out into the walkway and hang on. You will be carried along with the crowd, whether you want to or not. And shopping with a cart is like driving around a huge city on the interstate loop. I think people should have to take cart pushing classes and pass before they are allowed to get behind the wheels of any cart. Several times I braved the aisles without a cart only to be stalled by an abandoned vehicle or run over at the crossing. I feel a song coming on that would parody "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer" only it would be "The Shopper Got Run Over by a Basket." Dig out my flannel shirt, put on my sweat pants, and allow my hair to become stringy and greasy, then I would be ready to take the song on the road and make millions. Only then I could pay someone else to shop for me!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Late shopping! I'll still be shopping tomorrow - the 23rd - for MANY presents.

10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home