Sunday, December 10, 2006

More fun with the grandchild

Our granddaughter came to spend the evening with us while her parents went to the office Christmas party. Again, she assisted me as we continued to decorate the Christmas tree and other parts of the house. I opened a ceramic snowman musical figurine which she wanted to hold. I allowed her, after winding it up to play. She played with it off and on the rest of the evening without ever dropping it. I have millions (almost) of ornaments, most hand-made, some hand-made from my children when in elementary school, some giving to us, and some commercial. I decided not to put all of them on the tree this year. But she wanted them all on. Fortunately I was able to hide some or we would still be at the tree. Later in the evening, she soiled (Don't you just love that word? Didn't look like dirt and certainly didn't smell like dirt.) her diaper. I said to tell Papa. She climbed up beside me on the loveseat, put her face right next to mine, and so sweetly smiled and said, "No, it's Mimi's turn." Oh, she is too smart for her own good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home