Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A Rainy Walk to Defeat ALS

My sister-in-law, Sherri, and I walked in the Walk to Defeat ALS this past Saturday. It was a miserable day with pouring rain the entire time. I only saw two people, presumably with ALS, in wheelchairs, when we usually see 15 or more. They cannot afford to get sick. After Sherri and I registered, I told her that we didn't really have to walk the walk, we could walk back to the car and say we did. I asked her what Joe would say. She quickly replied, "He would say that since you are already here, you might as well walk." So we did. I'm not sure of the length of the walk, but I am sure that it rained the all way with pools of water in many places. My jeans were wet from the knees down as well as my shoes and socks. But we did it. Joe would have been proud of us. Let's pray that the money raised will help discover a cure for ALS, the always fatal disease.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home