Wednesday, December 26, 2007

I'm Coming Home

Merry Christmas, one day late. I was unable to blog yesterday because I had the privilege of taking care of my father who is bed-fast and in rapidly declining health. I spent the night with him on Christmas Eve. When I checked on him at 2:30 a.m., he looked up at me and said my name. That meant so much to me as he has been confused so much of the time, and he is legally blind. When I got up at 4:30 a.m., (yes, my usual time) he said he wanted to go home. He thought he was in another part of the world, China. I teased him that he might be Santa Claus going around the world and now it was time to come home. He grinned ever so slightly. Throughout Christmas day my father received many visitors, all family, who wanted to wish him a Merry Christmas. He was aware and pleased with each person, but most pleased with the littlest one, our granddaughter. She lovingly patted his hand and just smiled at him. My dad is in so much pain that just moving the thin, down comforter on him causes him to yell out in pain. But with the little girl's gentle touch he just smiled. One day soon God's gentle touch will take him home where there will be no more pain or suffering. Then dad will truly be home.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home