Wednesday, December 27, 2006

New Furniture!

My husband and I just celebrated our 34th wedding anniversary. During those years we have purchased only one dining room table with chairs in 1973. When that finally wore out/broke, we got a hand-me-down table and chairs from a friend. After a while, the table was so worn that it was completely smooth on top. My daughters decided to do a "Trading Spaces" idea by painting the top of the table. Turned out very nicely. But now the chairs have all given out and we are using the metal ones left behind in one of H's moves. We went shopping yesterday for a dining room set, not knowing if we would buy or not. After visiting 4 or 5 places, we stopped at the most expensive store, sure we would not find anything in our price range. We found a beautiful all wood table that with the leaf makes a 54 inch square. After much discussion and many tries, we chose 8 chairs to match. We intend to keep it at the full size. I will really believe it when the set arrives Thurs. My husband said I could have another new set in 34 years. And I'm going to hold him to it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you think the next one will fit in our nursing home room?

9:42 AM  
Blogger Heidi said...

You mean the one right next to my house?

11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home