Saturday, May 23, 2009

A Time to Plant

I took my class outside yesterday to plant flowers. We had 78 to plant, but in an hour and 45 minutes were only able to get 32 in the ground. Why? Each wanted his or her turn and did not want to wait for it or several were over pulling leaves from the tree, our only shade at that end of the area. I mixed the Miracle Grow in water but asked for them to figure the right amount to use per the amount of water. You would have thought I had given them a high level math problem to solve without enough information. It would have been so much simpler to have planted the stuff all by myself. But then the reason why I do it with them became clear when one girl thanked me for letting her plant. She went on to say she had never planted anything in a garden before.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home