Saturday, May 16, 2009

Accelerated Math

Sorry it has been a week since my last post. School is coming to a close and the stress and work increase. With so little blogging, no wonder only one visit per day to see my blog. That's probably me when I post. Sigh! We have a new math program that we are piloting since January of the year. It is called Accelerated Math. And it is. All of my students are working at some level whether it be second grade or all the way to fifth grade. A computer program will print out the assignments for the students after I direct which objectives the students will work to master. The program has been very beneficial for my top math student. He completed/mastered all 143 objectives in the fourth grade program by spring break and has since mastered 140 of the 167 in the fifth grade program. He has needed only a little instruction on a few new concepts. He hopes to master the fifth grade by the end of his fourth grade year. I have two others who has just completed 4th and are ready for 5th grade work. So you can see that the program is highly motivating for the top students. While there are strugglers in math, the program allows for them to be placed at their level for a challenge and success. My lowest student has had such success that he said he wished we only had Acc Math to do!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home