Monday, April 20, 2009

Race Summary

Just a quick update of Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure that we walking in on Saturday. This was our fourth one, but never have we be amongst so many people! I couldn't get through the crowd to get to the registration tables. I literally had to ask people to let me squeeze between them. Hubby and I got separated when I got out of the vehicle to go register while he tried to find a parking place. It took us an hour to finally find one another. Even with cell phones, the noise was so loud, one couldn't hear on the phones. Then my phone went dead. So there I stood, waiting for him to find me. Finally I asked to borrow a phone and we were together again. During the walk, we saw many people of all ages, from infants to very elderly. And even small children walked the 5K walk. We saw many with the pink t-shirts on, signifying a cancer survivor. They were interspersed throughout the whole walk. Congrats to them for making the effort. When hubby can help me add pictures, I will include share, especially the one of the port-o-potties.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home