Saturday, May 2, 2009

Life-plans for a Cricket

I just finished reading A Cricket in Times Square to my class. We got started with it because two chapters were in our reader. Even though written in the 1960s, the class seemed intrigued by it enough for me to finish the book this week. The book ends with a promise to return for a visit next summer. So I began thinking, just what is the life expectancy of a cricket? We should have be suspicious after the whole book takes place in just one week although it seemed like a significantly longer time. Alas, a cricket lives about 2 weeks. I'll have to break the sad news to the class next week after we brain-storm the possibilities of the cricket returning next summer. You see, the news isn't so hard if based on science.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home