Friday, December 5, 2008

December Count Down of Activities Begins

I'm still around, just swamped with school work, Christmas activities, decorating at school and at home, the usual December. With Thanksgiving being so late in the month of November, it really seems like I am behind in my stuff. I dreaded dragging out the box that held the tree to be assembled at school, so I bought a pre-lit one that comes in just 2 pieces. Didn't take but 1 minute to set up. And the kids raved about it. You can hardly see it over the kids' desktops while it sits on the floor in the front of the room. But they love it! I decorated it after school without their help so it would go quicker with no fights. They think it is lovely. I only put on the colored beaded necklaces that I bought in New Orleans and silver metal cookie cutters. Again they raved at its beauty. I took the Styrofoam cup Nativity Scene that I made in 1973 to school for display. Each one marveled at its beauty, picked up the pieces, discussed who each character was and asked if the class will get to make a set. No, I'm not pushing my luck. Guess I could type out the directions to allow them to make one at home if they so choose. I'm reading a book set in 1920s in rural Mid-West and yesterday I read a part about clothespins being made into people complete with outfits. They stared at me as if they had never heard of such a thing. Well, today I am taking in my clothespin people ornaments that I made in 1974. I'm anxious to see how excited that will make them. You see, our group of students seem to have led such a sheltered life, but only sheltered in some of the good things.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home