Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Out of the Mouths of Babes

My husband and I have been away to the National Missionary Convention in Tulsa, OK. We had a good time and were renewed in our desire to work in short-term missions. I was excited to find the booth that had the painted marble people and animals. I had seen them last year, but only bought a few individual things. This year I bought the Nativity scene as well as a gift for our granddaughter for Christmas. After we arrived home, our granddaughter, Toots, came over to visit. I had her help unwrap the Nativity scene and arrange it on the table. She was excited to do that until she saw the baby Jesus. Instead of being a marble, it is a small piece of something stretched out to look like a baby in swaddling clothes. She asked, "What's that?" When I answered that it was Baby Jesus, she said it couldn't be because Jesus is God. "Mimi, don't you know that our God is big?" Anyone know where I can find a painted marble that is BIG and still looks like a baby in a manger?

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home