Sunday, September 28, 2008

And the Band Played On

Hubby and I traveled more than an hour to attend a marching band contest to see our nephew perform and see the band that all three of our children had marched in some years ago. The faces of the band members had changed, but not much else. I saw some of the same fans there as we had many years before. They are probably wondering the same thing I was: Does she still have a kid in band? Isn't she a little old to still have a kid in band? We enjoyed the competition, but it is just not the same if your child is not in the band. I didn't know the songs or routines that our band performed so I couldn't say whether or not it was a good performance. I do know that all the props that were required is a nightmare for those parents who work in the pit. I certainly can remember band shows where we lugged/dragged around "stuff" to carry in and out for the shows. That part I will never miss! We will have to attend another contest, maybe in two weeks or more. Just like the band has done in years past, they will improve and will definitly be a crowd pleaser.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home