Thursday, September 25, 2008

Happy Birthday, Grandmother

Today is my grandmother's birthday. She would have been 115 years old and would have relished in that honor. However, she did live to be nearly 95. During that span, she lived to see many major changes in technology as well as human behavior. Perhaps there will never be a span of time that will experience such change as during her life time. When our children were young and competed in 4-H with dairy goats, my grandmother wished to see the animals. So we packed them up in the car, yes, the car. We opened the back door and they hopped in. I drove them to her house where she invited my kids and their goat kids INTO her house. She was so pleased. Luckily the goats did not treat her home as the barnyard; however, they were extremely interested in all the "stuff" my grandmother and aunt had within the living room. What a great grandmother!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home