Saturday, September 13, 2008

Dear God

Our granddaughter, Toots, came over last evening to play on her swing/slide set. She and her daddy were going to go to the local high school football game, but she decided to stay here to play. We hunted in the pond for the "go frog" (bull frog) with no luck. We built a fire in the fire pit. Sat in a semi-circle visiting with one another. At one point, Toots decided we would have a "ticnic" (picnic). So we pretended to eat sandwiches with her. But before we could eat, she offered prayers. We sat, hands folded, anticipating her usual "God is Great, God is Good..." prayer. I was blown away by what we heard come from her. Here is one of those prayers. Dear God, Thank you for my family, for daddy, mommy, my Mimi, my two Papas, my St. Louis Mimi. Thank you for Papa's pond and the fish. Thank you for my go frog. Thank you for my swing set. Thank you for my shirt. Amen. For the next 20 to 30 minutes, she offered up prayers. I asked her where she learned to do that and she told me, "At preschool." Thank you, God, for her teachers and leaders who have instilled the words for praying. And thank you for giving her that tender spirit. Amem

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home