Sunday, August 3, 2008

Sew, Sew, Sew

Would you believe that two ladies and I were able to sew 89 pairs of curtains in just 4 days?! Yeah, we used our talents to figure materials needed, purchase the sheets on sale at Wal-Mart, press, cut, sew, and transform them into custom-fit curtains. The curtains will be used for the 11 houses that are still in some stage of construction. You see, when the hurricane victims move out of their 300 sq ft FEMA trailer or 720 sq ft FEMA cottage into the 1100+ sq ft house built by IDES volunteers, the victims cannot remove any furniture or even the microwave from the trailer or cottage. So besides building the houses, the houses also require curtains, furniture, etc. Living in our own sheltered world, we have no comprehension of the magnitude that the hurricane still holds over its victims. I am now back to my home, enjoying the many comforts I have always had. I hope I will continue to be involved in helping them in some way.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home