Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Mission Mississippi

I know, I haven't posted in a while. I forgot to tell you that I am on a mission trip to Slidell, Louisiana and Pearlington, Mississippi. We left last Friday night, met up with 34 others and continued driving down on Sat. I am staying back at the church every day to sew curtains for the houses that IDES is building for victims of Hurricane Katrina. Yeah, I know, you are thinking that was over 3 years ago. But you wouldn't believe the amount of devastation and destruction that is still very visible. Back home we don't give them another thought, but being here in person changes ones perspective. More about this mission to come, but I right now I need to rest. I sewed 12 pairs of curtains today!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home