Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Dog Eats Dog

I walk with a friend almost every evening for the exercise. She has a Jack Russell terrier, Jetta, that is very active and loves to out-walk us, and is not afraid of anything. Well, Monday night I was unable to go walking but found out that another dog attacked Jetta. It grabbed her behind and shook her. My friend held on to the lease and began screaming. People came to help. Someone called 911. A woman drove her car up and had the friend who somehow got her dog out of the teeth of the attacker get in the car. The other dog even put several scratches on the car door while trying to get Jetta again. Jetta spent time in surgery and the night at the vet hospital. She is lucky to be alive. My friend probably saved her life by keeping Jetta,s neck away from the other dog. Jetta will not be walking with us for a little while. Don't know if this will cause her to be afraid. What scares me the most is that many young children, including my granddaughter, have walked the course. The dog could have easily gone after any one of them. The sheriff showed up immediately. Maybe he will have a solution to get rid of the dog. But we need to be prepared for this to happen at any given time. Perhaps I will do some research today to see how to best protect ourselves.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home