Saturday, August 9, 2008

State Fair

We went to the State Fair today, a tradition in our family. I have been attending since I was a kid, which equates to many, many years ago. We continued the tradition by taking our children to the fair every year. I was so intent on introducing my 3 children to all the sights and sounds of the farm scene and offering them unique situations that few kids had. Well, today, my daughters were with me at the fair. Many times they each remarked that they didn't remember this or that or even some of the huge highlights and landmarks. I was shocked! How could they not remember the fiddling contest that we attended yearly? How could they not remember the Dairy Barn where we got the best ice cream? How could they not remember the cockroach races in the Purdue building? And how could they forget meeting Buckeye and Molly from the Popeye and Janie show? Hopefully, our granddaughter will remember.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home