Thursday, August 7, 2008

Let's Make Cookies, Mimi

My granddaughter and I made oatmeal cookies today. She loves to cook, but takes a great deal more time when I let her be as big a part of the cooking as she wants. Well, today was one of those days. I let her do everything except the eggs. (I didn't feel like cleaning up the runny egg as it slid down the front of the cabinets.) You wouldn't believe how long it took for her to spoon the dough on to the cookie sheets. She did get better at it, but almost dumped the bowl on the floor. As the first sheet was baking, she pulled her step stool closer to the oven door, flipped on the light and watched the cookies bake for the entire 8 minutes. Of course we had to sample them immediately to see if they were any good. By the time we had finished baking the 4 doz., Toots had eaten 5 cookies. She would have eaten more if Mimi (me) would have let her. With each cookie she pronounced that we were the best cookie makers ever. At one point she motioned for me to come near her. When I did, she gave me a big smooch and said, "I love you, Mimi." That's why I let her help;)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home