Friday, June 6, 2008

Sign Language of a Different Kind

I wore my sign language shirt to VBS yesterday, the one with the universal symbol for I Love You. Many of the children commented about it and asked what it meant. One little boy, Mitchell, was particularly interested in what it meant. After I explained it, he held up his middle finger and asked if I knew what that meant. (I really think he thought he was using sign language, well, I guess it is.) All I could think to say was that it wasn't very nice to do, so he did it again with the biggest smile on his face. Fortunately for me he was ready to leave for his next class or I might have said something that wasn't in tune with our lessons about the Fruit of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, faithfulness, goodness, kindness, gentleness, and self-control. Looking back on the whole thing, I can anticipate my granddaughter doing something similar in the future. Oh, boy.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home