Wednesday, May 28, 2008

More Granddaughter Stories

We had a fun-filled Memorial Day weekend, complete with all my kids coming for the whole day on Mon. I was able to spend time with my granddaughter, Toots, so I have more stories to tell. (My students at school think I should write a book and use her as the main character like the Junie B. Jones series.) Toots and I were sitting out on the patio when I got chocked. I coughed several times so Toots slid off my lap and without looking at me, said in a gruff voice, "Cover your mouth when you cough!" Okay, I survived the incident, but no compassion or concern from the little one. Toots and I tried enticing the ants with food. First we used a marshmallow. The ants really loved that until grandpa through it away. He didn't see the science in it, just the attracting of more ants. Then we tried a piece of Hershey's chocolate on the patio. At first, the ants didn't seem to notice it. But Toots did. I was afraid she was going to pick it up and eat it herself. Once we moved the chocolate to a distant location, the ants soon swarmed it. I'm not sure that Toots thought that was the best use of that piece of chocolate. It just reminded her that she wanted more toasted marshmallows and melted chocolate.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home