Sunday, May 25, 2008

A Worthy Picture Is Worth Reading the Directions, First!

After my father passed away at the end of December, I took on the task of scanning the huge box of pictures that my parents had amassed over the years. My wonderful husband purchased a super duper scanner/copier to make the job easier for me. I have been working on the project off and on for 5 months, and believe I am finally finished. I labelled each picture with names and dates as best I could figure out, then saved each with a particular title. I was feeling pretty proud of myself. It wasn't till this week that I discovered that I could enhance, brighten, sharpen, etc. the pictures to improve them greatly. So the last ones of the Polaroid shots of vacations in the 1960s are now much improved. I wish I had read the directions BEFORE I began this whole process. I am NOT going to redo the pictures. My extended family will receive their individual disc with nearly 500 pictures as is. I don't think I will tell them that I could have made them better. When or if I ever learn how to put one of those pictures within my blog, I will share some of the more humorous ones.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home