Friday, February 15, 2008

Just Sign Your Name to the Card

Yesterday was Valentine's Day, and of course we had our party at school. The children were so excited about passing out their Valentines. One girl had forgotten a person, so I gave her one of my extra cards to use. She didn't quite understand what I meant when I said the name of the person to copy on her card was on the board. I was distracted with other things when I finally noticed that she was up at the board, writing her name in large cursive, under the other name. I looked at another adult in the room, we shrugged our shoulders, then I quietly walked up to the student to tell her she was to sign the CARD with her name, not the board. She didn't react with embarassment, nor did she ask me to send the chalkboard as the card.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home