Saturday, January 26, 2008

The List for Today

Been up for hours and have filled a page of things to do for today on my "List." I am always optimistic as I plan the activities for the day, jotting down ideas as they come to mind and expanding on them later. Then as the day progresses, it really doesn't bother me if I don't complete my list. When my children were young and I was a stay-at-home mom, it would bother me immensely if I did not complete my list. So, I became creative with post-it notes. Each job was written down on its own post-it and neatly arranged on a full-size sheet of paper under the appropriate categories. Then at the end of the day, those jobs not completed were transferred to another sheet of paper for another day. This method took the pressure off of me, especially when the situation with the kids was not conducive to completing the "list." I guess as I have aged, an uncompleted job list doesn't bother me because now I can throw the whole thing in the trash without the least bit of remorse. Another benefit of growing older.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home