Thursday, April 19, 2007

Too Much

I picked up my granddaughter from day care after work yesterday so we could have some fun time together. I decided to take her to get a Dairy Queen ice cream cone, and she readily agreed. When I placed the order at the drive-thru window I asked for a baby cone. From the back she yelled, "I no want a cone. I want ice cream!" Try as I might, I could not get her to understand that a cone meant ice cream until the worker handed it to me. Were we all like that in our younger days? At one point in the evening, I had to change her soiled diaper. I told her that I loved her so much. In such a sweet voice, (it's not always sweet!) she replied, "I love you too much too." My heart just melted, and the stinky surprise she had made in her diaper was more tolerable.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home