Saturday, April 7, 2007

Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep

Hubby and I finally decided to go shopping for a mattress. He likes his side of the bed firm, almost like the floor. I ache in the mornings from the mattress, so I need something softer, like a memory foam mattress. For a long time, we have discussed how to solve this problem. We finally decided to go with two twins to make a king size, his twin firm, mine soft. So we began our journey to the big city, hoping to find a bargain. Well, after numerous phone calls ahead of our stops, we soon found out that most places do not carry the tempurpedic or any memory foam mattress. We stopped at the first store and listened to the salesman's speal. He had us trying out several different ones, extolling their benefits. I began to feel like Goldilocks. I found a mattress I really liked, but being a shopper, I decided I needed to go to the other store to try out those. In the second store, it didn't take long. Just by sitting on the side of the bed, I was able to determine that all were too hard. Wish now that I had taken our camera to capture the sight of my husband and daughter curled up on the various mattresses. Come to think of it, mattress stores would make a good Candid Camera episode. We returned to the first store and wrote up the deal. I get the memory foam side while hubby gets the board, I mean firm side. Sweet dreams await.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home