Friday, April 6, 2007

Masterpiece

I picked up my granddaughter after I finished work yesterday. She was excited to be going to "Mimi's" house. As soon as we hit the back door, she scanned the area looking for new stuff to get in to. She found the sidewalk chalk box with the egg shaped chalk. It was her gift from her aunt, but not right at that moment. Since it was 35 degrees, I wasn't about to go outside to let her color. She wouldn't take no for an answer so I had to think fast. I rummaged through my material scraps and found a piece of blue jean material. If we held it tight, she was able to draw on it with the chalk. That satisfied her for about 5 minutes. When her mama showed up, I praised her work and called it a masterpiece. Granddaughter took it from my hands and took it to mama and said, "Look at my masterpiece." We all sat with mouths opened in wonder of this child who said the sentence so clearly. Grandpa then asked her to say "supercalifragilisticexpialidocious." Right! That should take several more years of jabbering. (Can you believe that the spell check actually had that long word? I had only made one letter mistake in it.)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home