Sunday, March 12, 2006

The Wonders of a Christian Book Store

My sister-in-law and I had a girls' night out the other night. We started with dinner at a new Mexican restaurant. The serving sizes were "grande" and very delicious. After several stops, we ended up at the Christian book store. I hadn't visited the store since before Christmas, and since I was just along for the ride, I browsed the store, looking at the numerous items for sale, wondering who would buy this item and, wow, I really like this one. I fell in love with the hard-back journals, complete with pretty designs on the covers, but know that my 25-cent tablet works just fine. Saw individual cup and saucer sets that would look so elegant on my table, but nearly choked when I saw the price of $22.99. I did choke when I saw the cracked cup that was the same price and actually advertized as cracked. Whoa. Who would pay that kind of price for a broken cup? Then I read the little gift card that goes with the cup. The message was to the effect that even a broken vessel is of great value to the Father. Nice. But I still wouldn't pay $23 for it. Perhaps it will be purchased and given to some soul who is broken and needs that important message.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home