Saturday, January 7, 2006

Bummer

Here I am, sick the second weekend in a row. Blaaah! Don't know how to spell the onomatopoeia for vomiting. I had a terrible migraine headache last Saturday through Tuesday. It finally passed, died, went away, whatever. Then yesterday I had sharp pains in my stomach and felt like losing my lunch and breakfast. It didn't help that I was at school teaching young children. It also wasn't helpful that I was reading part of a book about a boy who was vomiting in the bathroom sink. (The book is Macaroni Boy, an excellent read about life in the depression.) With each new purge, it began splattering on the floor. My kids knew that I wasn't feeling well. After a few descriptive lines about the sick boy, they were empathetic, and had the trash can close by. I made it home and have been either in bed or on the couch ever since. Now for those of you reading this and who don't really know me, I will answer your question/suspicion: No, I do not drink. I suffer from migraines as has many generations in my family, including all three of my children. The stomach virus is a combination of too much migraine medicine and all the "bugs" going around at school. When I get better, which I know I will, I can't wait to see how I feel next weekend. Ha.

1 Comments:

Blogger Roger Snowden said...

The onomatopoeia for vomiting would be "barf", I believe.

:-)

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home