Tuesday, November 8, 2005

Unwaivering Devotion

No matter what I look like, no matter what I have done for the day, or still need to do in the night, I have a devoted friend, my cat. He seeks me out as soon as I arrive home. His pleasant twirp lets me know that he is pleased that I am back home. Later in the evening, when I've had a chance to sit on the couch and read the paper or grade school work, he announces his arrival with another chirp, then, jumps up on my lap. His purr, louder than the television, tells me that he is happy that we are there together, no matter what.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Heidi said...

At least that's the way Pepe is greeting you. Max is showing his affection by peeing on my floor. I don't think he quite gets the idea of affection.

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home