Tuesday, October 4, 2005

Grade Card Time

It's that time of the school year when all the efforts or lack of them will soon show up as grades on the report card. As a teacher I feel it important to offer my students many opportunities to show what they can do. (Unfortunately, when it comes time to sum them up, I have a lot of work to do.) Students are anxious with anticipation of receiving grades high enough to earn monetary rewards. Some will be disappointed and wish that their efforts had been a little more. Each year a student will excitedly share his or her card with me. Over time I have learn that it doesn't matter that I graded and figured the final grade, the child just wants someone to express interest. So I do, adding all the right sounds and punctuation of my voice. After all, it is my job to care. And I do.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home