Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Mimi Day Camp with Toots

I have the joy of keeping my granddaughter, Toots, this summer while we are both on vacation. She has termed the arrangement as Mimi Day Camp. Each day we attempt to do something new, something fun. Well, as we were playing outside yesterday afternoon, Toots suggested that we play school, and she would be the teacher. Instantly, her sweet little voice boomed with control as she commanded the attention of the class and barked out the instuctions for me to follow. Do we really sound like that as teachers??? I half expected the neighbor to drop his pool tool and fall into submission. Even the cat stood at attention, not moving a muscle. She gave me a choice of chalk color, told me where to write, and what to write. She patiently waited for me to complete each task before assigning a new one. She is a natural but I'm not sure I want to be in her classroom again tomorrow, or I will be counting the days until school is out.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home