Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Passing of an Old Friend

A dear friend of mine is ill and near to expiring. She has been with me through the rough times. She has dealt with my dirt, faithfully. I knew she was having problems. I tried to console her, but she wept, wept all over the floor. I bandaged her numerous times, but with limited success. She cries from both sides now. Perhaps I will cry when she leaves my laundry room soon. She has been my faithful friend. She will not be lonely though, because we are sending her mate to be with her. Hope she doesn't catch a glimpse of my new friends, the ones I'm buying their friendship with real money. In time, they, too, will become my faithful friends. (Thanks to Laurie for the post idea, and thanks to my washer. May you rest in peace.)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home