Saturday, November 8, 2008

Sign of Hard Times

The other evening I looked through the classified ad of our local newspaper. It's something I do when I've read both daily papers and still want to read. Anyway, I was surprised to see the number of pets listed in the pet section. Usually in that section there will be one or two listed for "free" and several for sale, but that particular day there were at least 20 ads for free pets and each ad listed multiple animals. I wonder if this is a further sign of our worsening economy. In times before, people would have kept the litter of pups or kittens, but now must get them off their hands. I certainly hope that with the new leadership that we will begin to see a turn around in our economy soon for all our sakes.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home