Saturday, July 5, 2008

No Fireworks for You

The rain washed out the chances of fireworks on the 4th and along with that the chances of making a lot of good sales on food. (See previous blog.) When people heard that the fireworks were postponed, many did not come to the park for any of the celebration. Sad to say, but true. Oh, well, we put our name out there saying who we are and what we do. That was our number one goal. Now we have unbaked potatoes, sour cream, real bacon bits, etc. to return or sell to someone. I figured that if we sold the items for less, we would be money ahead because we would not be spending money for the gas to return the items. And we can always use the pop for upcoming parties. On my way home from the park last night, late, I saw several home/yard fireworks displays. I was amazed at the professional look of them. They were not as high in the sky, but still very impressive. Wonder how much they cost? As I passed the fireworks store, I noticed that two parking lots were full to overflowing with cars while people shopped for those last minute items. From the looks of what I had seen, they will surely get a lot of bang for their buck.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home