Saturday, June 21, 2008

The Granddaughter, Again

Toots was so excited yesterday because Papa and her daddy began building her wooden playset with a tunnel slide. She proclaimed that she was going to help. I warned that if she became a pest, Papa would stop working on it. Toots went with me to meet a friend for lunch and the first words out of her mouth were "My Papa is building my swing set and if I ask too many questions or talk too much, he will stop working on it." Guess she listened to me. Anyway, when we arrived home the two had already begun building. Toots was so excited but decided she would take a quick nap so that she would be "fresh." The nap lasted all of two minutes of her rearranging her blanket. Then the fun began when she went out to "help." We finally convinced her that if she sat on the porch and cheered them on, that would be a great help. She was able to get water and green tea from the fridge for the two of them. At one point she came in the house all dejected saying the slide was not there. My future daughter-in-law thought she meant that it was missing from the packaging. But what she meant was that after 4 hours of work, they had not put up her slide yet! It will have to be another day because according to Papa, the projection of two workers needing 6 - 8 hours could possibly mean 68 hours.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home