Thursday, July 10, 2008

Count Down to the Wedding

My son's wedding is in just 2 days. Time to be making a checklist and checking off jobs done or things yet to do. As I look around my house I see evidence of an impending wedding. The bride's rehearsal dress and wedding dress hang from one of my closet doors. The bridesmaid's rehearsal dress and attendant dress hang from another door. Two more dresses for two more people to wear to the wedding hang from yet another door. Shoes, bras, and other accessories are stacked in my bedroom, ready for each wearer to step into. My dining room table is full of the flowers for the wedding. Another table in the dining room is loaded with yet other arrangements that may or may not be used. My freezer is full of the strawberry punch for the reception. My counters are laden with necessities for the rehearsal dinner and reception. Lists are started on several notepads and awaiting further attention. And the refrigerator is bursting with items that will be used during the next two days. So what am I doing posting this morning? Yeah, I'm not sure about that either. Maybe it will cause me to take action and get this whole thing organized a little better so that I don't forget anything. But if I do, I'm sure it will not cause my son to be any less married.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home