Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Can You Spare a Dime?

Had a melanoma removed from my nose yesterday and the wound is about the size of a dime. I didn't think that was such a big deal before, but hold a dime up to the side of your nose and you'll see that is is. (I've had it removed twice before by freezing it, but it kept growing back.) The biopsy said it is pre-cancerous tissue. So my dermatologist decided it was time to send me to a plastic surgeon. He took it off yesterday. He sewed a cotton bandage over the temporary cadaver skin graft. I return on Friday to have him read the path report and either take off more or use my skin for a graft to finish the job. Wonder what that bandage will look like? Worse thing about all of it is that I don't do well with the anesthesia. I woke up easier and earlier than usual, but I was dizzy and vomiting. The vomiting has passed, but I still am dizzy. Needless to say, I am not looking forward to having anesthesia again this week.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home