Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Paper Shredder Users Beware

In Monday's edition of the Indy Star there was an article about the hazard of paper shredders to pets, mainly dogs. I read about a dog who licked the shredder (they said all dogs like to lick) and caught his tongue in the shredder. I will spare you the gross details and say that the dog had to be terminated. Made me sick. The article proceeded with 5 more gory true stories of pets and the shredder of which I did not read. I am sorry for the dog, but the article made me keenly aware of how dangerous our new super duper shredder is to our granddaughter. I caught her trying to feed paper into it the other day. Her tiny fingers would be about the thickness of a dog's tongue. Spare me the thought!!! And find the plug!

2 Comments:

Blogger Fellowes Employee said...

Leah,

Because shredders are rapidly moving from being only in an office environment to homes we have seen alot of articles like this.

I work for a Fellowes - a manufacturer of paper shredders, and we just launched an entire new line of shredders with a patented Safe Sense Technology. The design is to automatically shut the shredder off if people or pets touch too close to the shredder's paper entry slot. It works similar to a touch lamp. This should help prevent this type of accident from pets, children or even adults.

I just thought it might be nice to know that your concerns (along with countless others) have been heard - and that we are listening and reacting.

Right now Fellowes is the only manufacturer offering this. Feel free to visit our website at www.fellowes.com for more information. Or you can contact our customer service via email at support@fellowes.com if you have specific questions.

2:02 PM  
Blogger Milliscent Morgan said...

Yes I read lots of articles about the tongue of a dog cut by the paper shredder, so the better way to keep from any danger is to keep out of reach by the pets and for little kids.

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home