Sunday, February 11, 2007

Says WHO?

Friday evening, while eating dinner out with my twenty something son, my sister-in-law, and her teenage children, we got into the discussion about playing the DVR and VCR at our respective homes. Sis and I lamented that we have difficulty knowing which button on which of the 2 or 3 remotes we need to push in order to just play the thing, let alone record. Sis's kids chimed in with agreement plus put-downs. Well, my son looked at his cousins and said that their generation understood the techno stuff. Translation: "You two are old and will never get the computer/technology age like we do. You poor things." Sis and I let it pass, because what could we say. Not five minutes later, one of Sis's kids pulled out a personal check written to her and wanted to sign it, even though the banks were closed at that time. She turned to my son and asked how to do it. Too bad my Sis and I didn't stand up, shout, and high-five one another right there!

1 Comments:

Blogger Heidi said...

The problem with your generation is that you guys are afraid to try something out for fear of breaking it. The way I figure out most stuff is I just start pushing buttons until it does what I want it to. It's trial and error, and mostly error at that. I think people your age don't want to screw something up, so they want instructions before pushing any button. Trust me on this, if you push too many buttons on something and it screws up, it can be unplugged to reset. Try it. It's a whole lot easier than you think.

5:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home