Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Love/Hate Relationship

I'm sure many of you have this same kind of relationship that I am experiencing with technology. At school, I took my class to the computer lab so they can all get on a particular math site at the same time. Well, with the new updates on our computers and the need to protect certain sites, we spent at least a third of our 60 minutes logging on and logging on and logging on. Each student has a username and password to log on. Once on, no matter what they opened, they had to re-enter the username and password. It became more than a pain since several of my fourth graders are not good at typing in the correct letters, numbers, and such. After a bit, one of my students assured me that he had learned his username and password very well. To use the same carrier and the internet in the classroom only requires the student to enter name and password once or twice. Go figure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home