Monday, November 6, 2006

Bullying

I have a student, a boy, in my room this year who is victim to bullying by older students. This happens on recess, away from the watchful eyes of his teachers, and out of reach of the recess teachers. Anyway, just before recess ended today, the mass of students on the playground converged on an area where this student was being bullied. When I asked my class about it, I found out that the boys in my room had run to the defense of this student. I could have cried. I do not promote fighting, but I was touched that the boys stuck up for their fellow classmate. Somehow we need to get to the bottom of the problem and find a peaceful solution. The sad part is that the bullies are former students of mine. I would have expected better of them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home