Saturday, September 16, 2006

Nephew's Wedding

Went to my nephew's wedding last Saturday, but I should back up and fill in a few things. It was held in the beautiful garden of his parents' home, with a HUGE white tent for the reception. All the family volunteered to help get the remaining loose ends completed before the evening wedding. Setting up chairs, setting tables, cleaning the mud off the tent, hanging panels, moving mums, watering mums, and buying 7-up were a few of the tasks we did. Although it was hot and humid (I had three showers that day), it was a beautiful wedding and reception. Nephew's brother had built a dance floor that was used by many. My granddaughter (23 months) had the best time on the floor. All the other younger children danced with her. And of course, the old folks, my generation, danced. My three children were amazed that I could dance. Guess I forgot to tell them about my dancing days after basketball games. (But then I don't think they ever cared to hear that story.) Our whole family dance to "Thriller" and astonished (?) the crowd. Even my elderly father was in the middle of the dance floor in his wheel chair dancing to "The Chicken Dance." Surprised all of us. He had orders to keep his comments and preaching to himself. He was there as the grandpa, and he did well. Many of us were very sore the next day--knees and especially hips were not use to the movements. We either need to dance more often or give it up completely to the younger generation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home