Sunday, August 20, 2006

Pardon My Break

With the start of a new school year and internet difficulties at home, I have not posted in a while. I will probably not be as faithful until I can establish a routine, one that allows time to get it all done. Ha. My husband and I went to the Indiana State Fair yesterday. Other than the hot, humid temperatures, the day was fun. Several changes have been made to different parts of the grounds with the biggest change in the Department of Natural Resources. In their section on the north side of the grounds they have created a large "pond" where children get the opportunity to fish. On hand are several fishing experts who assist the children in catching a fish. The pond is shallow, allowing the children to see the big one that got away or the little nibbles at the end of their lines. The DNR also remodeled the free-range butterfly garden to house them inside a screened area where children and adults alike can view the beautiful creatures. I must say I was impressed with the changes. The ugly lamps were displayed on the main floor of the Arts building, thus, making it easier for the knees. We felt that the second place lamp was a run-away for the ugliest lamp. Guess it is in the eye of the beholder. The Hook's Drug Store also had several changes that were worth a second look. We entered the cattle barn only to be hit with a pungent smell of billy goats. The Boer breed of goats were being housed and shown, many of which were billy goats. PU! That barn smelled much worse than the pig barn. Also in the barn were hundreds of llamas. I did not know that they were an animal to be shown at the 4-H fair. I can now check off the fair on my list of things to do this year. Certainly glad we went and look forward to another one next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home