Sunday, August 6, 2006

Money can't buy me love, but it can buy a name

As I blog this morning, I am listening to the news and all the hype about the Brickyard 400. No, wait! Someone gave enough money to buy the name and change it to the Allstate 400. Why couldn't it be the Brickyard-Allstate 400 so we would know which race it is? I still call the Colt's current stadium The Hoosier Dome. In our last Social Studies textbooks it was listed as such. The current stadium should be called The Hoosier-RCA Dome. The new one should be called The Hoosier-Lucas Oil-RCA Dome. Then maybe we would know what they are talking about. The Hulman family was smart enough not to change the whole name of Rose Poly Technical Institute. Instead they made it ROSE Hulman Institute. They were smart enough not to change the name of the race track either. Oh, I just heard that the gates to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway opened at 7:00 for a race that begins at 2:00. Hey, why am I not there right now?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agreed, I don't like the change. For better or worse, NASCAR is changing and becoming more like other sports. Take for instance the Kentucky Speedway lawsuit -- they built a track and just expected they'd be awarded a Nextel race. So now they're suing NASCAR to get it.

10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home