Saturday, January 28, 2006

I'm Still Here

Have you ever been too busy to get all the things done that you want to do? Are you ever overwhelmed by vast numbers of tasked required of you, whether you want to do them or not? I kind of resemble both of those. If I choose to do one thing that I like or want to do, then something else suffers because I didn't have time for it. If I try to do them all, then I suffer from doing too much. Before cold weather set in late last fall, I was dedicated to walking at least an hour a day for my physical and mental well-being. Since I do not function well in the cold and wind, I have dropped my walking. It doesn't make sense that because I am not expending energy, I do not have any energy. Also when I walked for an hour, something else in my life is neglected. That all leads up to my devotional time. I have recently made it a top priority to arise early, read my Bible, then spend time in prayer while writing in my prayer journal every day. Now anyone who knows me, knows that I get up early (4:30 - 5:00) every day. But since I made devotions a top priority, I have been sleeping in till 6:00 and have to rely on the alarm to get me up. Starting as late as 6:00 is not early enough to do the devotions. So, I'm wondering, what is happening that makes me sleep in now, when I didn't before? It is satan. He does not want me to spend any of my time in devotions, so he is cluttering or clouding my life with frustrations and more stress. I have not given-in to his interference. I am setting the alarm and arising early enough to give time to devotions. You are probably thinking that the choice to arise early would solve the problem. But as I stated in my first paragraph, one thing causes another to happen. My body is protesting in many ways that I will not go into here. Just suffice it to say that satan is also working overtime. I hope I am overwhelming him and causing interference in his busy schedule. "I can do every thing through Him who gives me strength." Philippians 4:13

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home